Otoe County Marriage License, NE
Marriage License Fee: $25.00
Otoe County Courthouse
1021 Central Avenue
Nebraska City, NE 68410
Ph: (402) 873-9505
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m./ M – F
(except for Court Approved Holidays)
Be sure to contact your local county clerk’s office well in advance of the wedding to find out on what days and during what hours the clerk will be in the office.
Ask a Lawyer Online Now! 24 Lawyers Are Online. Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.
Marriage Application Requirement Nebraska: ✔ Get Copy Of Birth Certificate
To complete the application for a marriage license, a couple must:
The following information is required for the marriage application:
- Both Applicants must present their own completed copy of the marriage license worksheet.
- Birthplaces of both applicants
- Full names and birthplaces of parents
- Social Security numbers for both applicants. (Must bring the original cards with them) If no Social Security # you will need to sign an affidavit stating so.
- Both applicants must provide a Certified Birth Certificate. If the Birth Certificate is a foreign Birth Certificate it needs to be translated and notarized. ( We will need both the original and the translated copy.)
- If either applicant has been married previously, the date the previous marriage ended will be requested (court date or date of death).
- Applicants may apply for their marriage license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any county in Nebraska.
It is important that you verify all information with your local county clerk’s office before making a trip to purchase your marriage license.
Marriage ID Requirement in Nebraska:
Both applicants must present a current government-issued photo ID. All documents will be in English or translated by a certified court translator.
- Valid driver’s license from any U.S. state
- Nebraska ID card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military card
- Foreign passport
- Consulate Card
Marriage Residency Requirement:
No. You do not have to be a resident of Nebraska.
Marriage Waiting Period in Nebraska:
There is no waiting period in Nebraska.
If there were any previous marriages clerk will need to know how they ended (divorce, annulment or death) and the date the divorce was final or the date of death.
Marriage License Fee Nebraska:
The marriage license fee is $25 and $9.00 for the certified copy for a total of $34.00. Preferred method of payment is cash. For guidance on additional methods of payment, please call ahead.
Marriage Blood Test Nebraska:
No blood test requirement.
Getting a marriage license with your new name on it does not mean your name has automatically changed. If you need to change your last name, you can use an online marriage name change kit.
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19),a notarized consent form must be signed by the applicant’s father, mother, legal guardian or custodian, giving consent to the marriage of the minor. If the individual giving consent is a legal guardian or custodian, appropriate paperwork must be presented showing this relationship to the minor.
- Anyone under the age of 17 cannot marry in Nebraska.
Common Law Marriages:
The state of Nebraska does not recognize same-sex marriages.
Solemnize Marriages in Nebraska:
- Any ordained minister, priest, rabbi or other ordained clergy may perform a marriage ceremony.
- All judges, retired judges and clerk magistrates also may perform marriage ceremonies.
- The person who is performing the ceremony does not have to reside in Nebraska, nor register with Nebraska.
Two witnesses are required to be present at your marriage ceremony.
Expiration Date of Marriage License:
Marriage license are valid for 1 year from the date of issuance.
All marriage licenses obtained in Nebraska are public record.
You will need to provide the following information:
Name of the groom and/or bride, Date of Marriage.
1913 through June 1976, contact:
Nebraska Health & Human Services System – Vital Statistics
P.O. Box 95065
301 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, NE 68509
Email: [email protected]
Prior to 1913, contact:
Nebraska State Historical Society
PO Box 82554
Lincoln, NE 68501-2554
Please Note: State and county marriage license requirements often change. The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice. Additional information can be found on the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services website.