Livingston Marriage License, MI
Marriage License Requirements
Michigan Chapter 55. Marriage
Marriage License Fees:
$20.00 – Residents
$30.00 – Non-residents
Livingston County Clerk
200 East Grand River
Howell, MI 48843
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. / M – F
(except for Court Approved Holidays)
Michigan Wedding Officiants for your wedding or vow renewal ceremony. Submit one form to top-rated marriage officiants in your locality. You choose the best Mi Wedding Officiant.
Ask a Lawyer Online Now! 24 Lawyers Are Online. Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.
Marriage Application Requirement Michigan: ✔ Get Copy Of Birth Certificate
To complete the application for a marriage license, a couple must:
Marriage License applications are available through the Livingson Clerk’s Office.
- Do not apply if your ceremony will be held more than 34 days from today.
- In order to get married in the State of Michigan, couples must apply in person and present current valid driver’s license or state I.D. to obtain a marriage license application.
- You must be 18 years of age to apply for a marriage application in Michigan.
- The marriage license fee is $20.00 for residents of Michigan. $30 for non-residents.
- There is a three-day waiting period after the application before the license may be issued and used.
Be sure to contact your local Livingson Clerk’s office well in advance of the wedding for additional information or questions about applying for a marriage license application.
Marriage ID Requirement Michigan:
The following is required of both parties:
- Valid driver’s license or state ID showing current address.
- Birth certificate or valid passport. If passport is used instead of birth certificate, full names of both parents and the state or country where they were born must be provided at time of application.
- Social Security numbers of both parties pursuant to MCL 551.102.
Marriage Residency Requirement Michigan:
For the purpose of marriage application, residency is determined by a current valid driver’s license or state I.D.:
- If you are a Michigan resident, you must apply in the county where you live. If both parties are Michigan residents, you may apply in either county. The license is valid throughout the state.
- If both parties are out-of-state residents, you must apply in the county where you are going to be married. The license is valid in that county only.
Marriage Waiting Period Michigan:
There is a three (3) day waiting period in Michigan. The waiting period does not include the application day.
|Apply:||Pick up – on or after:|
*Online applications only (if applicable). License is not available for pick-up on weekends or holidays.
It is important that you verify all information with the Livingson Clerk’s office before making a trip to purchase your marriage license.
Previous Marriages: ✔ Search Marriage | Divorce Records
If previously married, the date of divorce or date of spouse’s death must be provided.
Marriage License Fee Michigan:
The marriage license fee is $20 for residents of Michigan. $30 for non-residents. Preferred method of payment is cash. For guidance on additional methods of payment, please call ahead.
Marriage Blood Test Requirements Michigan:
Getting a marriage license with your new name on it does not mean your name has automatically changed. If you need to change your last name, you can use an online marriage name change kit.
Marriage Age Requirements Michigan: ✔ Get Copy Of Birth Certificate
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can get married with parental consent. Your parents must appear with their own identification and if a custodial parent, proof of their custody. If you are 15 or younger, you will need both parental consent and the approval of the probate court.
Proxy Marriages Michigan:
No. However, only one of you need to be present and have all required documentation when applying for a marriage license. You will need to show a a photo copy, front and back, of your fiancé’s driver’s license or state ID.
Cousin Marriages Michigan:
Common Law Marriages Michigan:
No, unless entered into the relationship prior to January 1, 1957.
Marriage Officiants Michigan:
A minister of the gospel who is ordained or authorized by his or her church to perform marriages and who is a pastor of a church in this state, or continues to preach the gospel in this state may perform marriages. Ministers must complete a marriage certificate and give one to the couple. Another marriage certificate must be returned to the county clerk who issued the license within 10 days after the marriage.
Marriage Witnesses Michigan:
Yes, Michigan requires two witnesses (who must be at least 18 years of age).
Expiration Date of Marriage License Michigan:
- Marriage licenses are valid for 33 days from the date of issuance. You must get married within thirty days.
- Do not apply if your ceremony will be held more than 30 days from today.
Copy of Certificate of Marriage License
3423 North Martin Luther King Boulevard
P.O. Box 30195
Lansing, MI 48909
Please Note: State and county marriage license requirements often change. The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice. Additional information can be found on the Livingson County Michigan website.