Bridgeview Marriage License, IL
Couples are required to appear together at the Bridgeview location. Couples must fill out and sign a marriage license application. Present valid identification with proof of age.
Illinois 750 ILCS 5. CS 5, Part II Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act
Marriage License Fee: $60
Bridgeview – Southwest Suburbs
10220 S. 76th Ave., Room 238
Bridgeview, IL 60455
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. / M – F for all services
4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m./ W for Marriage Licenses ONLY
(except for Sunday and Court Approved Holidays)
Ask a Lawyer Online Now! 24 Lawyers Are Online. Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.
Minimum age to marry is 18.
There’s a 1-day waiting period.
No blood test or exams.
Marriage license has no expiration date.
There are no residency requirements to marry in Chicago.
Witnesses are not required.
Before getting married in Chicago or suburban Cook County, couples must obtain a marriage license from the Cook County Clerk’s office.
Marriage ID Requirement in Illinois:
One form of ID if submitting one of the following:
- State drivers license
- State identification
- U.S. passport
- U.S. Armed Forces identification card
– OR –
Two of these forms of ID:
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate (English translations required for foreign certificates must be notarized)
- U.S. naturalization certificate
- U.S. resident alien card
- Life insurance policy (at least 1 year old)
- Foreign passport
- Baptismal record (date of birth must appear)
- Consulate identification card (matricula)
Marriage Waiting Period in Illinois:
There’s a 1-day waiting period.
Marriage Residency Requirement:
Non-residents cannot obtain a marriage license if said marriage would be void in their state.
If either applicant is divorced, they must provide final divorce papers signed by the judge.
Marriage License Fees:
The marriage license fee in Chicago is $60.
Same Sex Marriages:
Yes, same-sex couples can get married in Illinois as of June 1, 2014.
Yes, first cousins may marry if they are older than the age of 50.
Common Law Marriages:
Marriage Blood Test Illinois:
Getting a marriage license with your new name on it does not mean your name has automatically changed. If you need to change your last name, you can use an online marriage name change kit.
Marriage Age Requirements: ✔ Get Copy Of Birth Certificate
Marriage applicants 16- and 17-years old may obtain
a marriage license with:
- Consent of parents listed on applicants’ birth certificates. All parents listed on each minor’s birth certificate must be present and show valid identification.
- Certified copies of applicants’ birth certificates
- A second form of identification showing applicants’ dates of birth.
Marriage Officiants Illinois:
Ordained ministers, judges, retired judges, and public officials whose powers include solemnization of marriages.
Expiration Date of Marriage License:
Marriage licenses are:
- issued while you wait
- effective the following calendar day after they are issued
- valid for 60 days
- effective only in Chicago and suburban Cook County
Please Note: State and county marriage license requirements often change. The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice. For more information regarding Illinois marriage license laws please visit www.cookcountyclerk.com.