Search Divorce Records

Covenant Marriage License Requirements, AZ

Local Officiants

Couples Getting Married

According to legislation (A.R.S. 25-901-906) which became effective Aug. 21, 1998, couples who are planning to apply for a Covenant Marriage License must provide a notarized statement from the clergy or marriage counselor who provided their premarital counseling.

The notarized attestation/statement should confirm that:

  • the parties were advised about the nature and purpose of a covenant marriage;

  • the parties were advised regarding the limited reasons for ending marriage by legal separation or divorce; and

  • the parties were given a copy of the pamphlet, Covenant Marriages in Arizona, published by Arizona Office of the Courts (AOC).

At the Marriage License Office, the engaged couple will be asked to sign a marriage license affidavit and the "Declaration of Intent to Enter Into a Covenant Marriage" which states they met statutory requirements.

Converting Existing marriages to Covenant Marriage:

Couples who are already married may convert their existing marriage to a covenant marriage. It does not matter where their license was issued. Solemnization (a wedding ceremony) is not required to accomplish the conversion to a covenant marriage.

The married couple will be required to sign a marriage license affidavit and a "Declaration of Intent to Enter Into a Covenant Marriage" form at the Marriage License Office. The fee to convert a traditional license to a covenant marriage is $26.50.

Covenant License Fee:

The cost for the Covenant License is $76.00, which is the same as the Traditional Marriage License.

The Arizona State Supreme Court has an electronic version of the booklet on their website. You may get a copy of the Covenant Marriage in Arizona booklet, here!

You may also contact a member of the clergy or a marriage counselor.

Marriage Records

Birth Certificate

Search by State

State Laws marriage requirements to obtain and file a marriage license to receive certified copy of your marriage certificate from clerk’s office upon request.

United States Marriage License Laws