Affordable Wedding Officiants

Marriage Laws U.S. NH Warner NH Wedding Officiants

Marriage license requirements in Warner, New Hampshire. Here is what you need to bring with you, and what you need to know about the New Hampshire marriage laws before applying for a Warner marriage license application. We recommend getting this legal aspect of your wedding out of the way about a month before your ceremony wedding date.

Town of Warner Marriage License Office

Warner Town Clerk
5 East Main Street
Warner, NH 03278
(603) 456-2298 x 5
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. / M, W, Th; 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. / Tu
Closed state and federal holidays.

Local New Hampshire Wedding Officiants for your wedding or vow renewal ceremony. Submit one form to local New Hampshire officiants. You choose the best NH wedding officiant.

Ask a Lawyer Online Now! 24 Lawyers Are Online. Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.

Marriage License in Warner, NH

While these guidelines are based on New Hampshire state laws, some rules may vary from county to county. A call to the appropriate City or Town Clerk is advisable. State and county marriage license requirements often change.

Marriage is the legally recognized union of two people. Any person who otherwise meets the eligibility requirements under State Statute (Chapter 457) may marry any other eligible person regardless of gender.

Filing Intentions:

Both individuals must appear at the Warner Town Clerk Office together. Exceptions may be made for individuals enlisted in the United States military.

How Much a Marriage License Cost?

The marriage license fee in Warner is $45. Be prepared to pay cash.

You must deliver the license to the officiant before the marriage can be performed. After the marriage occurs, the officiant completes the license and returns it to the City or Town Clerk, after which the couple may obtain a copy of the marriage certificate for a $15.00 fee, additional copies ordered at the same time for the same record are $10.00 each.

Valid Picture Identification:

Acceptable forms of identification include: Original or certified birth certificate (Foreign birth certificates must be translated into English and notarized.)

Social Security Number:

Applicants should be prepared to furnish their social security number.

Residency Requirements:

Applicants do not have to be a resident of the Granite State. However, if both the bride and groom are not residents of the town or city they plan to be married in, their intentions must be filed with the appropriate clerk in the same town or city the marriage is to take place. If one of the applicants is a resident of New Hampshire, the intentions must be filed in the same town or city he or she resides in. If both applicants reside in New Hampshire, but in different towns or cities, intentions can be filed in either location.

Age Requirements:

Applicants 18 and over can marry without parental consent. Non-residents under the age of 18 may not marry in New Hampshire. No female below the age of 13 or male below the age of 14 may be married in New Hampshire under any conditions. Female applicants between the ages of 13 and 17 and male applicants between the ages of 14 and 17 can only be married with a waiver and permission from their parent or legal guardian.

Name Change:

Getting a marriage license with your new name on it does not mean your name has automatically changed. If you need to change your last name, you can use an online marriage name change kit.


Marriage is not permitted in New Hampshire between people who are related by blood as first cousins or in any more direct lineage.

Waiting Period:

There is no waiting period in the State of New Hampshire.

Marriage License Validity Period:

It is always a good idea not to literally wait until the last minute, as a marriage license is not valid until three days after it is issued. On the other hand, do not apply too far in advance as marriage licenses do have an expiration date. A marriage license is only good for three months or 90 days after the issue date.

Solemnization or Marriage Ceremony Authority:

"Solemnize" is to celebrate or observe with formal ceremonies or rites. For a marriage to be legal, it must be performed by one of the solemnization officials listed below: No one can marry himself or herself, even if he or she meets the solemnization requirements stated above.

For more information you may contact the Secretary of State's Office at (603) 271-3242.

Divorced or Widowed:

A certified copy of a death certificate of a former spouse, if applicant is widowed; a certified copy of a final divorce decree, if the applicant is divorced; a certified copy of an annulment decree, if the applicant's previous marriage was annulled.

Same Sex Marriages:

Yes, effective January 1, 2010.


Any person shall be guilty of a Class B Felony if he/she willfully and knowingly makes any false statements on an application for a certified copy of a vital record (NH RSA 126.24).

Copy of Certificate of Marriage:

Bureau of Vital Records
6 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 271-4651

The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice. It is important that you verify all information with your City or Town Clerk before making any wedding or travel plans.

To notify us of corrections or additions send an email to  Please include the state and county information.

Ask Questions, Get Answers from Experts ASAP | JustAnswer Ask questions and get answers from verified Experts online. Get an answer when you ask a lawyer, wedding planner, or other Expert on

Order Vital Records Online! certified copies of Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce certificates, for events which occurred within the state of New Hampshire.

Local Officiants | Local Wedding Officiants | Chicago Wedding Officiants | Illinois Officiants| NJ Officiants

All Ceremonies | New York Wedding Officiants | USA Wedding Officiants | NY Wedding Officiants

Wedding Officiants Directory    Local Officiants Lists!    Ceremony Wedding Officiants

© 2014